February's Inspirational Quote

"One Hour at a Time"
~ Laurie Wallmark.

Dear Laurie,
You might not recall saying this and perhaps I won't remember the specifics but you are our inspiration for the rest of February and maybe even March.

You and I were on the phone and talking about how hard it is to write a novel and as usual I was whining and feeling sorry for my long-a$$ journey. And you told me about how you were working and how busy you were so you wrote your novel one hour at a time. Astounded I said, "You wrote your novel one hour at a time?" And you said, "Yup." And I thought, "Wow... ... ..."

Often times we think we need - or I think I need - huge chunks of time set aside so I can write. Do you do that too? What if we gave ourselves one hour of each day? If it turns into two, well then fine, but if not, at least you still had your One Hour at a Time. So that is the motto of the month, thanks to ours truly, Laurie Wallmark.

We love you, Laurie!

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

NJ SCBWI June Conference

The 2008 ANNUAL CONFERENCE!

JUNE 6th and 7th 2008

Princeton Theological Seminary Stuart Hall

Princeton, NJ

For directions, click here...


Just a brief reminder, the postmarked deadline for the NJ SCBWI June Conference is swiftly approaching. Be sure to have your materials to Kathy Temean with a postmark date no later than JUNE 26th. Any later and you will be charged extra fees.


Mail to: Kathy Temean, 203 Stowe Ct Mullica Hill, NJ 08062

Please do not request a signature on delivery


Good luck and see you there.
So... are you attending the June Conference this year? Will you be participating in the speed pitch? If so, let's practice here. Post your speed pitch in the comment section, if you dare...

Happy Writing,

Sheri

6 comments:

Sheri Perl-Oshins said...

I must admit, I really hate pitching, but here it goes...

13 year-old Tristan, soon after her mother's death, discovers she has a rare magical ability - she can communicate with nature - but will it be enough to heal her relationship with her father in this coming of age reality-based fantasy novel?

What do you think?

Jeanne said...

Wait! Is that a Norwich Terrier I see? :o)

Sheri Perl-Oshins said...

No. close. Luke is a Caryn (sp?) terrier - toto from the wizard of oz. He is a handful! Stubborn! Small-bladdered!!

Sheri Perl-Oshins said...

Wait Jeanne, what about your pitch? You can't tease me into dog talk - I'm onto you!

Jeanne said...

Actually, that wasn't a side-step, Sheri! You know that I've been illustrating terriers for years, and I was just stopped in my tracks by how cute he is! The Toto dog is, indeed, a Cairn, and yes - all terriers are stubborn. But usually their sense of humor offsets it. I'm finalizing things for the Illustrators' Conference tomorrow so I have another out ... at least for a little while! :oD

Sheri Perl-Oshins said...

you may think you are quick and sneaky, Jeanne, but sooner or later, I am going to get a pitch out of you!