- Your short fiction piece cannot exceed 250 words, not even by a single word. This INCLUDES the words from the sentence starter, but DOES NOT include the words in your title.
- It must contain, a beginning, middle, end, problem, and a resolution
- It must begin with these two sentences…
It wasn't that Harley was afraid. Not exactly
- Your story must fit into one of the following categories….
humor, thriller, fantasy, realistic fiction, or historic fiction.
- It can be written for any age range: picture book, chapter book, middle grade novel, tween novel, young adult novel.
- Print and bring two copies. One copy will be read aloud by a volunteer (other than yourself) and one copy will be on display for votes.
- DO NOT PUT YOUR NAME ON YOUR COPIES
- On the top of your submission, include your title, word count, intended age range, and genre (but again, no name) For ex.
There will be two winners per category, a 1st place and 2nd place. All winners will choose from a variety of prizes.
A gift certif. to Wegmans
A gift certif. to Zanya's Day Spa
Bottles of wines
How to books
A candle basket
An illustrators gift basket
Please do not wrap gifts so winners can see the items in order to make their selection.
Each member can only enter the contest once. Sorry.
If you will be unable to attend, you can still place your flash fiction piece here under the comments sections, but winners and prizes will only be chosen by those who attend. Still, it is a great exercise and I hope you give it a shot!